Feeling creative? Feeling busy as well? Even the busiest of people who feel like doing something creative could find the time to make this flower as it takes no more than ten minutes to make, with very few supplies.
- Felt ( 9 x 12 piece)
- Hot glue gun
- Box pleat ribbon 15/16 Inch (1 1/4 yards should be plenty)
- Optional: buttons for embellishments
- Cut 3 circles from your felt. 3 inches, 2 1/2 inches and 1 1/2 inches.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the ribbon around the edges of all three circles. As you reach the end of each circle, be sure to overlap the ribbon over the top of starting point.
- Hot glue the 2 1/2 inch circle on top of the 3 inch circle.
- Hot glue the 1 1/2 inch circle on top of the 2 1/2 inch circle.
- At this point you will have a small area of felt still showing, so either use buttons or other embellishments to cover the hole. In this example, I used another 11 inches of the ribbon and rolled it into a circle, hot glued the bottom, and as I stuck it into the felt I pushed all the ribbon outward to make it look like petals.
This final flower was made using the Maya Road Satin Pleat 3/8″ Ribbon (which is sold in our store). The felt was cut using the smallest 3 circles on the Sizzix Circle #2 Die. ( This makes a much smaller flower but the process is still the same).
Now all that is left is to go have fun!